Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2020
A lot of fine British character actors do the voices of “StarDog and TurboCat,” an animated superhero tale about a gadget-loving kitty crusader and a faster-than-a-speeding-bullet dog. It’s aimed at the very young and preferably undiscriminating, but it’s so … Continue reading
Charlize and Chiwetel, immortal mercenaries about to be exposed. Coming to Netflix in July.
You can’t blame rom-com filmmakers for taking shortcuts. So few of them work, make an emotional and comic connection and deliver a satisfying finale, it’s no wonder that screenwriters and directors go for “sure thing,” elements that worked in romantic … Continue reading
Here’s what you remember about “Caro Diario,” Italian actor/director Nanni Moretti’s “diary,” essay, love poem and comical elbow in the ribs of his beloved homeland. You remember the movie’s long, languorous opening chapter, just narrator, host and tour-guide Moretti “On … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “Reel Redemption” examines faith based (Christian) films and their place in the culture
The rest of the title of this Faith TV production has “Rise of Christian cinema” in it, and while the timing may feel a little late (peaked a couple of years ago), this is a natural for a movie about … Continue reading