Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: June 10, 2017
Box Office: “Wonder Woman” smothers “Mummy,” “It Comes at Night” and “Megan Leavey” underwhelm
Add another $54 million to Warner Brothers’ coffers for “gambling” on putting the DC Universe’s future in the hands of an Israeli actress playing “Wonder Woman.” This is turning into the blockbuster WB/DC have craved since Bale & Co. finished … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Wonder Woman” smothers “Mummy,” “It Comes at Night” and “Megan Leavey” underwhelm
Movie Preview: Chadwick Boseman makes a lean, mean “Black Panther”
Cute little framing bit, with Martin Freeman chatting up Gollom/Andy Serkis. And an elaborate origin world for the superhero is here. The rest? Standard issue hero-in-tights comic book stuff, with a dollop of humor. Marvel mass production values. Enjoy.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Chadwick Boseman makes a lean, mean “Black Panther”