Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 22, 2017
There’s trouble on the stand-alone “Han Solo” prequel at Lucasfilms. As in, cartoon directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (“Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs,” “The LEGO Movie”) delivered a film that Lucasfilm isn’t happy with it. The all-important “tone” … Continue reading
You don’t see the “Baby Driver” practicing his craft, rehearsing for the getaways he’ll have to race through from bank jobs and armored car heists. He doesn’t have a hands-on interest in automobiles, which he can steer the wheels off of … Continue reading