Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: June 2, 2017
Weekend movies — Reviewers swoon for “Wonder Woman,” tidy whitey thumbs-up for “Captain Underpants”
I was lukewarm on “Wonder Woman,” a bit bored by the plot and effects. We’re all root-root-rooting for Warners and DC to make a game of it with Disney’s Marvel juggernaut, and but come on. Got to Rotten Tomatoes. It’s … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend movies — Reviewers swoon for “Wonder Woman,” tidy whitey thumbs-up for “Captain Underpants”
Movie Review: “Paris Can Wait,” just not this long
All genre pictures pander, serving up conventions and cliches that faithful horror, romance, comic book or “Furious” fans relish and devour like comfort food. So why not a European travelogue about a lonely wife “seeing” France for the first time? And … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Paris Can Wait,” just not this long