Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 27, 2017
Movie Review: Tavernier crams a French film appreciation course into 3 hours with “My Journey Through French Cinema”
In “My Journey Through French Cinema,” the filmmaker Bertrand Tavernier becomes — for three hours and ten minutes — that favorite college professor, the one with thousands of stories, anecdotes passed on second or third hand. “Journey” is a long … Continue reading
Yes, there’s another one. Rebel Wilson needs the cash, Anna Kenrick needs the relevance. Or is it the other way around? Christmas. Not much in the trailer other than Rebel’s fat-joke hat.
Sofia Coppola doesn’t acknowledge the earlier Clint Eastwood/Don Siegel film of “The Beguiled,” or even mention the Thomas Cullinan source novel in the credits. “Written and directed by Sofia Coppola.” Perhaps she never read it, or saw the earlier movie. … Continue reading