Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 27, 2017
Movie Review: Tavernier crams a French film appreciation course into 3 hours with “My Journey Through French Cinema”
In “My Journey Through French Cinema,” the filmmaker Bertrand Tavernier becomes — for three hours and ten minutes — that favorite college professor, the one with thousands of stories, anecdotes passed on second or third hand. “Journey” is a long … Continue reading
Yes, there’s another one. Rebel Wilson needs the cash, Anna Kenrick needs the relevance. Or is it the other way around? Christmas. Not much in the trailer other than Rebel’s fat-joke hat.
Sofia Coppola doesn’t acknowledge the earlier Clint Eastwood/Don Siegel film of “The Beguiled,” or even mention the Thomas Cullinan source novel in the credits. “Written and directed by Sofia Coppola.” Perhaps she never read it, or saw the earlier movie. … Continue reading