Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 5, 2017
The has-been movie star has just dropped by his favorite weed supplier when there’s a knock at the door. The other customer strolls in, and gives the old man a wary double-take. “Don’t worry, he’s cool,” the dealer says. … Continue reading
We’ve long loved tales of surviving the apocalypse, whatever form doomsday takes — viral, nuclear, asteroid, aliens or zombies. But few stories built on theme embrace the dehumanizing fatalism of living on when everyone around you is dead better than “It … Continue reading
Scores of documentaries and features films touch on the Iraq War. And out of all them, maybe one moving scene– the funeral convoy of the “American Sniper.” But show us a Marine and her dog, and on come the waterworks. … Continue reading