Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: June 11, 2017
Box Office: Women, in gangs, pump “Wonder Woman,” bad word of mouth deflates “It Comes at Night”
One thing you notice, going out this weekend, is the feminine tenor (soprano?) of the chatter at your neighborhood multiplex. That’s because “Wonder Woman” is playing. That’s because women don’t need no stinking “Women only” screenings to show up the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: Women, in gangs, pump “Wonder Woman,” bad word of mouth deflates “It Comes at Night”
Movie Review: “Pray for Rain,” but wear your waders
Of all the named causes of California’s ongoing water shortages, and the water wars of the state’s agricultural heartland, the Central Valley — here’s one you never thought of. It’s all the fault of naive environmentalists who apparently hate farmers. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Pray for Rain,” but wear your waders