Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 24, 2020
Chad Hartigan, who gave us the understated “Martin Bonner,” directed. This Feb. release from IFC also stars Soko.
On a sliding “quirky tales about teenage girls” scale, “Antarctica” is a lot more “Ghost World” than “Booksmart.” Not that it’s in either of those films’ league. It’s another self-consciously odd, almost surreal “smirk” of a comedy about two misfits … Continue reading
We are all heroes of our own story. And if we’re white and Southern, some of us are happy to throw in a little Tennessee Williams-styled “martyr” to the tale. Netflix and Ron Howard serve up a lot of both … Continue reading
“Blindfire” is the (fictional) account of a deadly police shooting that sets out to demonstrate such situations are “complicated.” But as it tells its story from the “troubled” cop’s point of view, the film’s problematic agenda clashes with its clumsy, … Continue reading