Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Animated Movie Preview: Apple TV+'s "Luck" gives us a Black Cat with Simon Pegg's Scots accent
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 24, 2020
Chad Hartigan, who gave us the understated “Martin Bonner,” directed. This Feb. release from IFC also stars Soko.
On a sliding “quirky tales about teenage girls” scale, “Antarctica” is a lot more “Ghost World” than “Booksmart.” Not that it’s in either of those films’ league. It’s another self-consciously odd, almost surreal “smirk” of a comedy about two misfits … Continue reading
We are all heroes of our own story. And if we’re white and Southern, some of us are happy to throw in a little Tennessee Williams-styled “martyr” to the tale. Netflix and Ron Howard serve up a lot of both … Continue reading
“Blindfire” is the (fictional) account of a deadly police shooting that sets out to demonstrate such situations are “complicated.” But as it tells its story from the “troubled” cop’s point of view, the film’s problematic agenda clashes with its clumsy, … Continue reading