Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 21, 2020
We pretty much don’t have soap operas to kick around any more. But that favorite trope of drama’s most melodramatic art form remains. Amnesia still pops up in movies, long after most soaps, and movies like “Memento” and “50 First … Continue reading
Noemí is out of sorts when we meet her. She confides in her mouthy, free-spirit friend Rosa, worried about what’s going on “with my body” after “the pills (in Spanish, with English subtitles).” There it is. She’s pregnant, unsure of … Continue reading
Cut through the cute that crosses into “cutesie,” tolerate the stereotypes and ignore the sentiment that claws at cloying, and “Team Marco” plays like a pleasant time killer of a comedy suitable for the whole family. It’s a “things my … Continue reading
Never seen a Billie Holiday doc, this looks terrific. A Dec. 4 release.