Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Dorff grieves and reasons out a supernatural mystery in “Don’t Go”
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Ritchie and Statham take on a vengeance thriller -- "Wrath of Man"
- Movie Review: Beware the main course at "The Dinner Party"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 4, 2020
In the title role of Tatsushi Ohmori‘s “Mother,” Masami Nagasawa gives us one of the great screen monsters of recent memory. Her Akiko Misumi is a Japanese “Mommy Dearest” — cruel, callous, self-absorbed, violent and still enough of a hot … Continue reading
Today’s assignment, class, is compare-and-contrast “Come Play,” now in theaters, with “Noise in the Middle,” now streaming. They’re both thrillers about haunted children. Their shared hook? Both the kids are autistic. “Come Play” has a name cast and a few … Continue reading
The formula goes way back before “Airplane” or even its antecedent, “Kentucky Fried Movie.” Scholars trace it back to 1941’s “Hellzapoppin,” a farcical musical that made the transition from Broadway to the big screen pretty much intact. Unfortunately (for you), … Continue reading