Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 10, 2020
Movie Review: “Freaky Friday” turns (comically) terrifying — “Freaky”
Vince Vaughn runs like a teenage girl. News flash, right? In the body switch horror comedy “Freaky,” he puts that rarely-seen talent (check out the touch football game in “Wedding Crashers”) to good use as a serial killer who switches … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane deal with a “Breach”
A mid-December sci-fi release pairing the longtime R-rated action stars. “Journey to New Earth,” and “I hope it’s the paradise they said it would be.” Maybe not. The journey there is “Alien” with vampire/zombies. Or something like that. Thomas Jane … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane deal with a “Breach”
Documentary Preview: Looking at the life and works of the Far Right’s favorite dog-whistle villain –“Soros”
A George Soros documentary biography from the guy who directed “How High” and “Kicking and Screaming?” It could work. “Soros” streams beginning Nov. 18.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Preview: Looking at the life and works of the Far Right’s favorite dog-whistle villain –“Soros”
Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was “Zappa”
Just defining who and what Frank Zappa was, just categorizing the music he performed, is daunting enough. Try summing up his life and career in a mere documentary. Autodidact and polymath, iconoclast, satirist and gadfly, composer of comic ditties, fusion … Continue reading
Movie Preview: A killer of killers is loose in Canada — “Contracts”
Lame lame dialogue, underwhelming acting. At least in the trailer. But the action? This one streams/downloads Nov. 10.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: A killer of killers is loose in Canada — “Contracts”
Movie Review: Deep South teen murders, “The Giant” is busy
“The Giant” is a colossal waste of time, 100 minutes of underlit scenes filled with (mostly) high school characters whispering every single profundity that writer/director David Raboy can think of putting in their mouths in a story that never engages … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Deep South teen murders, “The Giant” is busy
James Bond’s Walther PPK is up for auction
He was using a Beretta which M took from him and replaced with Ian Fleming’s iconic choice of firearm in “Dr. No.” The Hollywood Reporter typist who wrote this up must have never seen a Bond film, leaving out the … Continue reading