Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 3, 2020
“His House” is a high-minded horror film, a ghost story/witch movie with a message. If it’s not as edge-of-your-seat frightening and involving as “Get Out,” its elevated intentions still put it in the same conversation. It’s as current as a … Continue reading
This one jumps the gun on the season by debuting Friday. And yes, this is a “red band” trailer.
Sophia Loren, grand dame of the Italian and international cinema, has a fine star vehicle built around her in “The Life Ahead,” a sentimental drama tailor-made for her by her son, director and co-writer Edoardo Ponti. The earthiness that was … Continue reading
Coming next year. No doubt after a full length trailer has been whipped up in addition to this taunting teaser.
“Roobha” is a Canadian drama that gives a transgender romance and its fallout a South Asian touch, set as it is among Toronto’s Tamil community. It poetically folds Hindu myth into a story of self-discovery, “coming out” and finding oneself … Continue reading
Jeffrey Wright, Sam Elliott, Brad Pitt and now this guy. A damned all star team of voice overs. Taking a bullwhip to Trump and his Vanilla ISIS/Y’all Qaeda backers.