Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Dorff grieves and reasons out a supernatural mystery in “Don’t Go”
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Ritchie and Statham take on a vengeance thriller -- "Wrath of Man"
- Movie Review: Beware the main course at "The Dinner Party"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 3, 2020
“His House” is a high-minded horror film, a ghost story/witch movie with a message. If it’s not as edge-of-your-seat frightening and involving as “Get Out,” its elevated intentions still put it in the same conversation. It’s as current as a … Continue reading
This one jumps the gun on the season by debuting Friday. And yes, this is a “red band” trailer.
Sophia Loren, grand dame of the Italian and international cinema, has a fine star vehicle built around her in “The Life Ahead,” a sentimental drama tailor-made for her by her son, director and co-writer Edoardo Ponti. The earthiness that was … Continue reading
Coming next year. No doubt after a full length trailer has been whipped up in addition to this taunting teaser.
“Roobha” is a Canadian drama that gives a transgender romance and its fallout a South Asian touch, set as it is among Toronto’s Tamil community. It poetically folds Hindu myth into a story of self-discovery, “coming out” and finding oneself … Continue reading
Jeffrey Wright, Sam Elliott, Brad Pitt and now this guy. A damned all star team of voice overs. Taking a bullwhip to Trump and his Vanilla ISIS/Y’all Qaeda backers.