Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2020
If there’s one thing any film fan should take away from “Leap of Faith: William Friedkin on ‘The Exorcist,’” it’s exactly the same thing you should take away from “Friedkin Uncut,” the earlier doc about the quintessential hotshot Hollywood director … Continue reading
A young working class woman with a baby and few job prospects comes to terms with disfiguring injuries in “Dirty God,” a compelling drama about self-image, dashed dreams and the growing up that might be on the other side of … Continue reading
Back in vaudeville and the silent cinema, they called them “gags.” It’s the problem solving process, usually in comedies, that gets a character into or out of trouble or the next situation. Such as “How do you get a character, … Continue reading
Not buying it? Well, it is LGBQ and Aubrey Plaza is also in it. And it’s on Hulu.
Movie preview: An Irish tale with Emily Blunt, Jamie Dornan and…Christopher Walken? “Wild Mountain Thyme”
A John Patrick Shanley script, with Jon Hamm as well. Faith and begorrah!