Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2020
If there’s one thing any film fan should take away from “Leap of Faith: William Friedkin on ‘The Exorcist,’” it’s exactly the same thing you should take away from “Friedkin Uncut,” the earlier doc about the quintessential hotshot Hollywood director … Continue reading
A young working class woman with a baby and few job prospects comes to terms with disfiguring injuries in “Dirty God,” a compelling drama about self-image, dashed dreams and the growing up that might be on the other side of … Continue reading
Back in vaudeville and the silent cinema, they called them “gags.” It’s the problem solving process, usually in comedies, that gets a character into or out of trouble or the next situation. Such as “How do you get a character, … Continue reading
Not buying it? Well, it is LGBQ and Aubrey Plaza is also in it. And it’s on Hulu.
Movie preview: An Irish tale with Emily Blunt, Jamie Dornan and…Christopher Walken? “Wild Mountain Thyme”
A John Patrick Shanley script, with Jon Hamm as well. Faith and begorrah!