Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2020
If there’s one thing any film fan should take away from “Leap of Faith: William Friedkin on ‘The Exorcist,’” it’s exactly the same thing you should take away from “Friedkin Uncut,” the earlier doc about the quintessential hotshot Hollywood director … Continue reading
A young working class woman with a baby and few job prospects comes to terms with disfiguring injuries in “Dirty God,” a compelling drama about self-image, dashed dreams and the growing up that might be on the other side of … Continue reading
Back in vaudeville and the silent cinema, they called them “gags.” It’s the problem solving process, usually in comedies, that gets a character into or out of trouble or the next situation. Such as “How do you get a character, … Continue reading
Not buying it? Well, it is LGBQ and Aubrey Plaza is also in it. And it’s on Hulu.
Movie preview: An Irish tale with Emily Blunt, Jamie Dornan and…Christopher Walken? “Wild Mountain Thyme”
A John Patrick Shanley script, with Jon Hamm as well. Faith and begorrah!