Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Korean diplomats try to "Escape from Mogadishu"
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 8, 2020
As funny as a mass shooting at the North Pole, and relying on just such a finale to sell it, “Fatman” is one of the epic miscalculations of any cinematic holiday season. And I say this as somebody who adored … Continue reading
Considering that its target audience is older and thus “at risk” in terms of the exploding pandemic, this $4.1 million seems like a pretty robust showing. I could see a far far from certain Oscar nomination coming out of this … Continue reading
That sparkling cast adorns a sort of It fantasy, a story that explains Alice and her Wonderland and Peter Pan and his Lost Boys. Inclusive casting should help, the effects twinkle and the story seems very…mashup messy.
Bill Nighy also stars in this account of Japan’s mercury pollution scandal that turned the city of Minamata into an international symbol of Big Polluters aided in their cover up by their government. As Depp is staring at the end … Continue reading