Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 20, 2020
Movie Preview: Gary Dourdan, Ernie Hudson, Martin Donovan and Andy Garcia, hostage-rescue action in North Africa — “Redemption Day”
A belting singer with tenacious qualities, yes?
A winded, wan and somewhat already-played-out comedy about taking your shot in show business, “Hollyweird” has two things halfway going for it. It has a point of view, and there’s a neat third act twist. If directing/co-writing husband and wife … Continue reading
“Girl With No Mouth” is a savagely violent, downbeat Turkish dystopia, a picaresque “Peter Pan” (or “Wendy”) meets “How I Live Now.” Can Evrenol’s thriller is heavy on parable, semi-nonsensical in plot, but benefits from good acting and a grimly-realized … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “Chaos Walking” — a sci fi thriller with Tom Holland, Daisy Ridley and Mads Mikkelsen
Are great movies released at the end of January? No. But fun ones sometimes are. Jan. 21. https://youtu.be/8CO3jynIGGk