Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Dorff grieves and reasons out a supernatural mystery in “Don’t Go”
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Ritchie and Statham take on a vengeance thriller -- "Wrath of Man"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Beware the main course at "The Dinner Party"
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 18, 2020
Filmmaker Eric Power turns the digital version of that cut-out construction paper style of animation that “South Park” made famous loose on a town-attacked-by-demons thriller, “Attack of the Demons.” It’s more interesting as DIY animation than as a movie, with … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Sawa and Camille Sullivan, Nick Stahl and Summer Howell face a wolf in the woods, “Hunter Hunter”
No, it’s NOT based on the anime series from about a decade ago. Dec. 18, IFC Midnight unleashes the hounds. Or wolf.
“Getting to Know You” is “Up in the Air” without the air — or airline travel. Or “backpack” speeches. This light, wistful Canadian romantic comedy clings to its longing and amuses in its awkwardness. Well-cast, well-acted, a touch melancholy and … Continue reading
Robert Towne couldn’t structure a script worth a damn, and he kept the fact that he used a collaborator and co-writer a secret from Hollywood. So his “greatest screenplay ever” or “best script of the ’70s” reputation, based on a … Continue reading
This Canadian indie ooks odd, and promising. Dec. 8 it streams, VODs and DVDs.