Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 18, 2020
Filmmaker Eric Power turns the digital version of that cut-out construction paper style of animation that “South Park” made famous loose on a town-attacked-by-demons thriller, “Attack of the Demons.” It’s more interesting as DIY animation than as a movie, with … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Sawa and Camille Sullivan, Nick Stahl and Summer Howell face a wolf in the woods, “Hunter Hunter”
No, it’s NOT based on the anime series from about a decade ago. Dec. 18, IFC Midnight unleashes the hounds. Or wolf.
“Getting to Know You” is “Up in the Air” without the air — or airline travel. Or “backpack” speeches. This light, wistful Canadian romantic comedy clings to its longing and amuses in its awkwardness. Well-cast, well-acted, a touch melancholy and … Continue reading
Robert Towne couldn’t structure a script worth a damn, and he kept the fact that he used a collaborator and co-writer a secret from Hollywood. So his “greatest screenplay ever” or “best script of the ’70s” reputation, based on a … Continue reading
This Canadian indie ooks odd, and promising. Dec. 8 it streams, VODs and DVDs.