Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 18, 2020
Filmmaker Eric Power turns the digital version of that cut-out construction paper style of animation that “South Park” made famous loose on a town-attacked-by-demons thriller, “Attack of the Demons.” It’s more interesting as DIY animation than as a movie, with … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Sawa and Camille Sullivan, Nick Stahl and Summer Howell face a wolf in the woods, “Hunter Hunter”
No, it’s NOT based on the anime series from about a decade ago. Dec. 18, IFC Midnight unleashes the hounds. Or wolf.
“Getting to Know You” is “Up in the Air” without the air — or airline travel. Or “backpack” speeches. This light, wistful Canadian romantic comedy clings to its longing and amuses in its awkwardness. Well-cast, well-acted, a touch melancholy and … Continue reading
Robert Towne couldn’t structure a script worth a damn, and he kept the fact that he used a collaborator and co-writer a secret from Hollywood. So his “greatest screenplay ever” or “best script of the ’70s” reputation, based on a … Continue reading
This Canadian indie ooks odd, and promising. Dec. 8 it streams, VODs and DVDs.