Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 23, 2020
If you can look on homeless person and not instinctively turn away, you know the last thing this human condition needs is sugar-coating sentimentality. Everybody in that situation has a story and none of them are pretty. So a homeless … Continue reading
Nicolas Cage is — hands down — the best, most-committed and most-fun voice actor in animated films today. Fight me. His hilarious, empathetic and occasionally gonzo turn made the cave-family comedy “The Croods” a surprise delight back in 2013. Credit … Continue reading
A terror threat to New York has been identified, but all the police want to do is frame a local mosque run by an ex-con. A rich family has arranged a change at the top. But murdering the patriarch doesn’t … Continue reading
Nobody’s traveling much these days. But the movies can add to your bucket list of destinations once the pandemic has been beaten back. “Sing Me a Song” hits various movie-watching platforms Jan. 1
Disney’s new version of “Black Beauty” makes the famed fictional horse a wild Western mustang and moves her from 19th century England to modern day America. But writer-director Ashley Avis doesn’t shy away from the dark undertones of Anna Sewell’s … Continue reading