Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 23, 2020
If you can look on homeless person and not instinctively turn away, you know the last thing this human condition needs is sugar-coating sentimentality. Everybody in that situation has a story and none of them are pretty. So a homeless … Continue reading
Nicolas Cage is — hands down — the best, most-committed and most-fun voice actor in animated films today. Fight me. His hilarious, empathetic and occasionally gonzo turn made the cave-family comedy “The Croods” a surprise delight back in 2013. Credit … Continue reading
A terror threat to New York has been identified, but all the police want to do is frame a local mosque run by an ex-con. A rich family has arranged a change at the top. But murdering the patriarch doesn’t … Continue reading
Nobody’s traveling much these days. But the movies can add to your bucket list of destinations once the pandemic has been beaten back. “Sing Me a Song” hits various movie-watching platforms Jan. 1
Disney’s new version of “Black Beauty” makes the famed fictional horse a wild Western mustang and moves her from 19th century England to modern day America. But writer-director Ashley Avis doesn’t shy away from the dark undertones of Anna Sewell’s … Continue reading