Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Omar Epps is captain on a space station where things go wrong, "3022"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 15, 2019
Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in “Smaller and Smaller Circles” as priests close in
Atmospheric and creepy, with characters and a setting far more interesting than the due the movie gives them, “Smaller and Smaller Circles” is a serial killer thriller set in the Philippines. It’s about two Jesuit priests, amateur sleuths, hunting a … Continue reading
The ancient thespian advice about “Never act with small children or dogs” is borne out with a vengeance in “Patrick,” a romantic comedy with no romance and virtually no comedy — save for the dog. A cute pug, a … Continue reading
J.C. Chandor directed this Ben Affleck/Oscar Isaac/Charlie Hunnam/Pedro Pascal/Garrett Hedlund action pic about former Special Forces soldiers targeting a drug lord in the No Man’s Land where three borders meet, life is cheap and money is stashed in a safe … Continue reading
You don’t need a big budget and “name” stars to make a biopic about Steve McQueen. Or do you? Andre Brooks plays the Icon of Cool, Steve M., in this March 5 release — “Chasing Bullitt.”