Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 19, 2019
Are you pumped? I know I am.
Joseph Heller’s cynical/comical anti-war war novel was one of my favorite books as a teen. Another was “Papillon,” just so’s you know where I’m going with this. This trailer to the Hulu mini-series by George Clooney gets the darkness right, … Continue reading
Showtime slick and boxing picture predictable, “Cradle of Champions” is about the New York epicenter of Golden Gloves boxing. Journalist/director Bartle Bull picked three veterans of the annual Daily News charity event and followed them on their march towards amateur … Continue reading
There’s a rigid formula for coming-of-age documentaries. Pick a group of disadvantaged schoolkids — dancers or mathematicians, athletes or children just desperate to be selected for the top magnet school in the region, ensuring that college is in … Continue reading