Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 4, 2019
Professional MMA fighter with biceps the size of Sequoias wakes up next to a dead woman, a “one night stand.” He’s black. She’s white. No, it doesn’t look good. Not to the cops, not to his “alibi” girlfriend, not to … Continue reading
That would be this one. No, Mister Johnson, I am not a big fan of the Fast and Fatuous films. But a promising, two-fisted buddy action comedy? I could see that. Especially with these three and Idris as the self-described … Continue reading
There’s a half-joking cliche about a phrase directors over-use on the sets of big screen comedies. “Again. But faster.” Comedy is about timing, and speed and pacing are a big part of that. And no comedy about running, even if … Continue reading
The difference between “The Lego Movie” and “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” is the distance between “love” and “like.” Because although it has a delightful DIY feel, more of “This is how kids with imagination PLAY with Legos,” … Continue reading
She’s always been more than a supernaturally (or made in a computer — “Tron”) pretty face. Here’s Olivia Wilde all foaming at the mouth fierce, an abused woman avenging other abused women? “A Vigilante” gets a limited theatrical release and … Continue reading