Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 4, 2019
Professional MMA fighter with biceps the size of Sequoias wakes up next to a dead woman, a “one night stand.” He’s black. She’s white. No, it doesn’t look good. Not to the cops, not to his “alibi” girlfriend, not to … Continue reading
That would be this one. No, Mister Johnson, I am not a big fan of the Fast and Fatuous films. But a promising, two-fisted buddy action comedy? I could see that. Especially with these three and Idris as the self-described … Continue reading
There’s a half-joking cliche about a phrase directors over-use on the sets of big screen comedies. “Again. But faster.” Comedy is about timing, and speed and pacing are a big part of that. And no comedy about running, even if … Continue reading
The difference between “The Lego Movie” and “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” is the distance between “love” and “like.” Because although it has a delightful DIY feel, more of “This is how kids with imagination PLAY with Legos,” … Continue reading
She’s always been more than a supernaturally (or made in a computer — “Tron”) pretty face. Here’s Olivia Wilde all foaming at the mouth fierce, an abused woman avenging other abused women? “A Vigilante” gets a limited theatrical release and … Continue reading