Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 4, 2019
Professional MMA fighter with biceps the size of Sequoias wakes up next to a dead woman, a “one night stand.” He’s black. She’s white. No, it doesn’t look good. Not to the cops, not to his “alibi” girlfriend, not to … Continue reading
That would be this one. No, Mister Johnson, I am not a big fan of the Fast and Fatuous films. But a promising, two-fisted buddy action comedy? I could see that. Especially with these three and Idris as the self-described … Continue reading
There’s a half-joking cliche about a phrase directors over-use on the sets of big screen comedies. “Again. But faster.” Comedy is about timing, and speed and pacing are a big part of that. And no comedy about running, even if … Continue reading
The difference between “The Lego Movie” and “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” is the distance between “love” and “like.” Because although it has a delightful DIY feel, more of “This is how kids with imagination PLAY with Legos,” … Continue reading
She’s always been more than a supernaturally (or made in a computer — “Tron”) pretty face. Here’s Olivia Wilde all foaming at the mouth fierce, an abused woman avenging other abused women? “A Vigilante” gets a limited theatrical release and … Continue reading