Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 4, 2019
Professional MMA fighter with biceps the size of Sequoias wakes up next to a dead woman, a “one night stand.” He’s black. She’s white. No, it doesn’t look good. Not to the cops, not to his “alibi” girlfriend, not to … Continue reading
That would be this one. No, Mister Johnson, I am not a big fan of the Fast and Fatuous films. But a promising, two-fisted buddy action comedy? I could see that. Especially with these three and Idris as the self-described … Continue reading
There’s a half-joking cliche about a phrase directors over-use on the sets of big screen comedies. “Again. But faster.” Comedy is about timing, and speed and pacing are a big part of that. And no comedy about running, even if … Continue reading
The difference between “The Lego Movie” and “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” is the distance between “love” and “like.” Because although it has a delightful DIY feel, more of “This is how kids with imagination PLAY with Legos,” … Continue reading
She’s always been more than a supernaturally (or made in a computer — “Tron”) pretty face. Here’s Olivia Wilde all foaming at the mouth fierce, an abused woman avenging other abused women? “A Vigilante” gets a limited theatrical release and … Continue reading