Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 7, 2019
I wasn’t privileged to get a preview of this horror pic, opening tonight. So there’s nothing for it but to Get to the Regal Winter Park Village Stadium 20 on time to see “The Prodigy” on opening night. Looks scary. … Continue reading
Everybody’s review of “What Men Want” posted in the wee hours of Thursday AM, thanks to a silly and absurdly restrictive embargo Paramount (Paramount Players/BET) slapped on this latest mid-winter Taraji P. Henson outing. She can say, “At LEAST … Continue reading
I had to double check, to make sure this wasn’t a fake trailer. But I won’t lie. I laughed. Samuel L. Jackson has to teach the trade to “junior.” Jessie T. Usher (under my radar, here are his mostly-TV credits) … Continue reading
Whatever Taraji P. Henson is “on” in “What Men Want,” sign me up for a bottle of that. Her amped up, go-for-broke, lowdown, dirty and broad performance in this distaff spin on the Mel Gibson “I can hear the thoughts … Continue reading