Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 1, 2019
Movie Review: The Best Foreign Language Oscar dark horse, “Capernaum,” is also the most moving film nominated
“Capurnaum” may be the dark horse in the Best Foreign Language Film at this year’s Oscars. But Nadine Labaki‘s picaresque drama about the undocumented, a Cannes award winner, stands apart as the most moving film in the field. It’s built … Continue reading
One hour into “Alita: Battle Angel,” the Robert Rodriguez/James Cameron adaptation of a popular Japanese graphic novel series, the combat gets funny, the dialogue snappier and the trash talk flippant and smarter. We just have time to wonder “Where has … Continue reading