Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 20, 2019
Preview: Harrison Ford brings grumpiness to “Secret Life of Pets 2”
OK, Harry Ford lands a laugh. Whatever else “Secret Life of Pets 2” (June 7) has going for it, it’s got gruff and grumpy Harrison Ford as the top of the barnyard dog.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview: Harrison Ford brings grumpiness to “Secret Life of Pets 2”
Movie Review: “Greta” seems ever so sweet, ever so French and scary?
Silly Chloe Grace Moretz. Did you never see the French drama, “The Piano Teacher?” Scared of movies with subtitles? If you had, you’d have dashed for the door the MOMENT Isabelle Huppert sat at the keyboard and launched into Liszt’s … Continue reading
Next Screening? Let’s go see if “Greta” gets it done, shall we?
A thriller about a college-age kid (Chloe Grace Moretz) who falls under the gaze of a French lady stalker (Isabelle Huppert). Maika Monroe plays the best friend, and we ALL know what happens to best friends in thrillers — they … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening? Let’s go see if “Greta” gets it done, shall we?
Documentary Review: Marines in action, unfiltered in “Combat Obscura”
It always looks so neat, clean — pristine even — in combat movies or in TV news coverage. The grainy video shows the guided bomb or missile hurtling straight into its target — a direct hit. The commandos charge into … Continue reading
Movie Review — “How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World”
The production design is impressive and the animation manages to put clearly visible peach fuzz on the hero’s CGI face. And director and screenwriter De DeBlois aims for the heartstrings with a finale that ties up the whole “How to … Continue reading