Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 3, 2019
The Oslo bands were called Mayhem and Burzum. And to say they got a little too INTO the whole dark/Goth/Death Metal ethos is an understatement. Here’s an outline of the “true” story. The film version of “Lords of Chaos?” It … Continue reading
The payoff comes midway through “Destroyer,” the big moment when all the street cred that Nicole Kidman has been building up with her worn, raw, nose-busted appearance in scene after scene. She’s a deep undercover cop ready to storm into … Continue reading
The re-adjustment to life after combat is rarely an easy one. Whatever else the end of the daily peril many face brings with it can be accompanied by a loss of excitement and sense of purpose, a craving for camaraderie. … Continue reading
Nobody is better at kvetching on screen than Matthew Broderick. Nobody. In “To Dust,” he plays Albert, a community college science teacher who keeps calling a Hasidic husband in mourning over his late wife “Rabbi.” Albert tries to brush the … Continue reading
The heat of a forbidden love affair runs up against the chill that settled in behind “The Iron Curtain” in “Cold War,” the latest black and white “communist era” drama from the Polish writer-director, Pawel Pawlikowski (“Ida”). The Oscar nominated … Continue reading