Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 21, 2019
Preview: A MUCH more revealing second trailer to “Rocket Man”
It’ll probably take some of the same hits “Bohemian Rhapsody” did over sexuality. Yawn. But Taron Egerton does his own singing, and the story arc to the May 31 Paramount release “Rocket Man” becomes much clearer in this second trailer. … Continue reading
Preview: Charlize for President, Seth Rogen is the “Long Shot” from her past who could help
This May comedy from Lionsgate parks Oscar winner Charlize Theron in the lead as an accomplished politician and stateswoman — former Secretary of State — running for president. Not that Bob Odenkirk can figure that out. Seth Rogen is the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview: Charlize for President, Seth Rogen is the “Long Shot” from her past who could help
Preview: Elisabeth Moss has a hint of Courtney Love, especially “Her Smell”
Sorry, the headline’s my best shot. Moss plays a messed up post-punk singer/guitarist/songwriter. Cara Delevigne, Virginia Madsen, Dan Stevens and Eric Stoltz are also in the cast. “Her Smell”“Her Smell” rolls out March 29 — wider in April.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview: Elisabeth Moss has a hint of Courtney Love, especially “Her Smell”
Movie Review: “Fighting with my Family” a winner on points
In fight classifications, “Fighting with My Family” is a featherweight — a no-strain showing comedy that’s easy to pin, even easier to like. It’s fun. British funnyman Stephen Merchant steps out of his pal Ricky Gervais’s shadow, writing and directing … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Fighting with my Family” a winner on points