Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2019
It’ll probably take some of the same hits “Bohemian Rhapsody” did over sexuality. Yawn. But Taron Egerton does his own singing, and the story arc to the May 31 Paramount release “Rocket Man” becomes much clearer in this second trailer. … Continue reading
This May comedy from Lionsgate parks Oscar winner Charlize Theron in the lead as an accomplished politician and stateswoman — former Secretary of State — running for president. Not that Bob Odenkirk can figure that out. Seth Rogen is the … Continue reading
Sorry, the headline’s my best shot. Moss plays a messed up post-punk singer/guitarist/songwriter. Cara Delevigne, Virginia Madsen, Dan Stevens and Eric Stoltz are also in the cast. “Her Smell”“Her Smell” rolls out March 29 — wider in April.
In fight classifications, “Fighting with My Family” is a featherweight — a no-strain showing comedy that’s easy to pin, even easier to like. It’s fun. British funnyman Stephen Merchant steps out of his pal Ricky Gervais’s shadow, writing and directing … Continue reading