Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 28, 2019
One-time “Starship Trooper” Casper Van Dien gets off easy in “Chokehold,” a bloody, bomne-snapping B-movie set in the world of off-the-books “no rules” mixed martial arts brawling in Arkansas. Van Dien’s character is killed off in the first act. Top … Continue reading
Here’s the movie that will probably own June. As this latest X-Men adaptation brings the gang back one more time and opens June 7.
Far too many movies about teens, sexuality and growing up relegate the adults to afterthoughts. The kids have to work it all out for themselves, because in the movie’s universe, the grownups are distracted, self-absorbed, overworked or worse. The moment … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Losers” shows us the darkness, and the rewards of coming up in short in sport’s biggest moments
The heavyweight boxer who took a title, but so wished to not be a fighter that every time he stepped into the ring,, he”wished that the city got hit by a massive blackout, or a f—–g tornado,” anything to save … Continue reading