Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 12, 2019
Nicholas Hoult, who has a fun turn in “The Favourite,” has the title role here — a possible “serious actor” break-out moment for him in a picture that has prestige and fangirl/fanboy appeal built into it, sort of in that … Continue reading
Oh, that every dark comedy to come down the pike was as playful as “Woman at War.” It plays around with expectations, setting us up and tripping us — time and again. It toys with conventions and worn comic tropes … Continue reading
Preview: One musician is the last Man on Earth who remembers The Beatles in Danny Boyle’s fantasy, “Yesterday”
It’s a little sci-fi, and a lot “Love Actually.” Danny Boyle directed and Richard Curtis scripted this musical romantic fable. Lily James, Ed Sheeran, Kate McKinnon and others are among the “names” that surround star Himesh Patel, who plays a … Continue reading
This “Woman at War” has the potential for whimsy, I must say. A quixotic figure who is tilting, like the Don Quixote who inspired “Quixotic,” not at windmills but at power lines. Reminds me of this TV movie for the … Continue reading
The first thought — and perish that thought, if you can — that popped into my head was “impressive, in a ‘Prince of Persia’ way.” But the source material here is a can’t-miss Disney musical, a cartoon classic given a … Continue reading
Rebel Wilson’s niche in the cinema is an enviable one. She’s the quintessential “funnier best friend” the ultimate icing on the ensemble comedy (or musical) cake. The Aussie has made a career out of sharing the screen in “Pitch Perfect” … Continue reading