Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 2, 2019
BOX OFFICE: “Glass” edges “Upside”…again. “Miss Bala” bombs, WWI documentary cracks Top Ten
A terrible January, an historically low Super Bowl Weekend… This is what the Academy gets by putting so much Oscar attention on a Netflix film (“Roma”) that won’t benefit Hollywood’s bottom line during awards season. “Green Book” is the only … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Glass” edges “Upside”…again. “Miss Bala” bombs, WWI documentary cracks Top Ten
Next Screening? “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part”
It’ll take some doing to take the world by surprise and tickle the funny bone the way “The Lego Movie” (an no “Lego Movie” since) did. “The Second Part” opens Feb. 8. I’m cautiously optimistic about this one, but we’ll … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening? “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part”