Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "A Good Person," a hit-and-miss star vehicle for Pugh and Freeman
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 26, 2017
AMC vs. MoviePass — fighting over making movies affordable
Over the years, I’ve had many a beef with AMC. This Kansas City based empire has used its Second Biggest Movie Chain status to lead the market in ticket price spikes, in killing off low-cost corners of their concession business … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on AMC vs. MoviePass — fighting over making movies affordable
Box Office: “Leap!” and “Birth of the Dragon” bomb, “Hitman” wins a desultory weekend
Any hopes that “Logan Lucky” would hold audience and saunter towards a break-even box office take are Gone with the Wind of Hurricane Harvey. Or Hurricane Indifference, is more like it. “Lucky” might clear $4 million, but it will probably … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Leap!” and “Birth of the Dragon” bomb, “Hitman” wins a desultory weekend