Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2017
The last chapter or so of John J. Winters’ “Sam Shepard: A Life,” gives one the feeling that perhaps he or his publisher knew something, and rushed this biography of the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, Oscar-nominated actor and iconic Man of … Continue reading
It’s not too much to expect Bruce Lee to be the “hero” of a martial arts biography titled “Birth of the Dragon.” But Lee, here played by Philip Wan-Lung Ng, is sort of this jerk in the background of a … Continue reading