Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2017
No, Steven Soderbergh’s “retirement” didn’t last any longer than Cher’s — or Tina Turner’s. Or Kiss’s. But we’ve missed him, and this modest-budget/big-name cast comic thriller could be a nice desert for a summer overloaded with junk food sequels and … Continue reading
A boiling point summer in American race relations becomes a tipping point in American history in “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal’s incendiary epic about the 1967 riots that reveal so much about the country we live in today. The … Continue reading