Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2017
No, Steven Soderbergh’s “retirement” didn’t last any longer than Cher’s — or Tina Turner’s. Or Kiss’s. But we’ve missed him, and this modest-budget/big-name cast comic thriller could be a nice desert for a summer overloaded with junk food sequels and … Continue reading
A boiling point summer in American race relations becomes a tipping point in American history in “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal’s incendiary epic about the 1967 riots that reveal so much about the country we live in today. The … Continue reading