Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2017
Movie Review: “Mike Boy” gives “Plan 9” and “Showgirls” competition in the “Worst Movie Ever” sweepstakes
So you think you’ve seen “the worst movie ever made.” You’ve plumbed the depths of “Plan 9 from Outer Space.” You’ve sampled the sins of “Showgirls.” You’ve marked time sitting through “The Room,” “Red State” and “Ishtar.” But you don’t … Continue reading
The lost art of slapstick — physical comedy — is so rarely practiced that when true masters of it show up on screen it’s like a surprise smack right on your funnybone. The first form of film comedy, the ancient … Continue reading
“Step” is an inspiring documentary about disadvantaged inner-city kids getting their shot at college, “breaking the cycle” of poverty and a better life through a charter school and the step team that gives them discipline, confidence and focus. It’s amazing … Continue reading