Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2017
Movie Review: “Mike Boy” gives “Plan 9” and “Showgirls” competition in the “Worst Movie Ever” sweepstakes
So you think you’ve seen “the worst movie ever made.” You’ve plumbed the depths of “Plan 9 from Outer Space.” You’ve sampled the sins of “Showgirls.” You’ve marked time sitting through “The Room,” “Red State” and “Ishtar.” But you don’t … Continue reading
The lost art of slapstick — physical comedy — is so rarely practiced that when true masters of it show up on screen it’s like a surprise smack right on your funnybone. The first form of film comedy, the ancient … Continue reading
“Step” is an inspiring documentary about disadvantaged inner-city kids getting their shot at college, “breaking the cycle” of poverty and a better life through a charter school and the step team that gives them discipline, confidence and focus. It’s amazing … Continue reading