Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2017
Here’s a clever promotion that I expect to see replicated as more and more movie studios get into the business of streaming their own back catalog, and not licensing it to Hulu, Amazon, Youtube or Netflix. The prestige picture distributor … Continue reading
The three widely acknowledged masterworks by those virtuosos of British period pieces, director James Ivory, screenwriter Ruth Prawer Jhabvala and producer Ismail Merchant, are “A Room With a View,” “Howards End” and “The Remains of the Day.” The most acclaimed, Oscar-honored … Continue reading
Here’s what the data tells us, data that “Ingrid Goes West” taps into and uses to its evil advantage. We are the most plugged-in and connected we’ve ever been. And yet, “loneliness” is the cancer of our epoch, now and … Continue reading