Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2017
Here’s a clever promotion that I expect to see replicated as more and more movie studios get into the business of streaming their own back catalog, and not licensing it to Hulu, Amazon, Youtube or Netflix. The prestige picture distributor … Continue reading
The three widely acknowledged masterworks by those virtuosos of British period pieces, director James Ivory, screenwriter Ruth Prawer Jhabvala and producer Ismail Merchant, are “A Room With a View,” “Howards End” and “The Remains of the Day.” The most acclaimed, Oscar-honored … Continue reading
Here’s what the data tells us, data that “Ingrid Goes West” taps into and uses to its evil advantage. We are the most plugged-in and connected we’ve ever been. And yet, “loneliness” is the cancer of our epoch, now and … Continue reading