Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2017
Here’s a clever promotion that I expect to see replicated as more and more movie studios get into the business of streaming their own back catalog, and not licensing it to Hulu, Amazon, Youtube or Netflix. The prestige picture distributor … Continue reading
The three widely acknowledged masterworks by those virtuosos of British period pieces, director James Ivory, screenwriter Ruth Prawer Jhabvala and producer Ismail Merchant, are “A Room With a View,” “Howards End” and “The Remains of the Day.” The most acclaimed, Oscar-honored … Continue reading
Here’s what the data tells us, data that “Ingrid Goes West” taps into and uses to its evil advantage. We are the most plugged-in and connected we’ve ever been. And yet, “loneliness” is the cancer of our epoch, now and … Continue reading