Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2017
Here’s a clever promotion that I expect to see replicated as more and more movie studios get into the business of streaming their own back catalog, and not licensing it to Hulu, Amazon, Youtube or Netflix. The prestige picture distributor … Continue reading
The three widely acknowledged masterworks by those virtuosos of British period pieces, director James Ivory, screenwriter Ruth Prawer Jhabvala and producer Ismail Merchant, are “A Room With a View,” “Howards End” and “The Remains of the Day.” The most acclaimed, Oscar-honored … Continue reading
Here’s what the data tells us, data that “Ingrid Goes West” taps into and uses to its evil advantage. We are the most plugged-in and connected we’ve ever been. And yet, “loneliness” is the cancer of our epoch, now and … Continue reading