Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2017
Here’s what I remember, sitting poolside at the Hotel Intercontinental in Toronto, trying to get through an interview with the breakout “new” star of the movie “The Station Agent” during the Toronto Film Festival some years back. And we kept … Continue reading
Kudos to Kyle Mooney, who used his “Saturday Night Live” fame to make a movie that’s nothing like your typical “Saturday Night Live” movie. “Brigsby Bear” may be slight and gimmicky, but it’s nothing like the goofball character contraptions that … Continue reading
“The Hitman’s Bodyguard” is a buddy action comedy that passes chemistry, masters physics — the chases and fights are epic — and then stumbles into all these off-the-curriculum potholes. It’s morally indefensible — glibly dispatching hundreds of killers, cops and … Continue reading