Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2017
Here’s what I remember, sitting poolside at the Hotel Intercontinental in Toronto, trying to get through an interview with the breakout “new” star of the movie “The Station Agent” during the Toronto Film Festival some years back. And we kept … Continue reading
Kudos to Kyle Mooney, who used his “Saturday Night Live” fame to make a movie that’s nothing like your typical “Saturday Night Live” movie. “Brigsby Bear” may be slight and gimmicky, but it’s nothing like the goofball character contraptions that … Continue reading
“The Hitman’s Bodyguard” is a buddy action comedy that passes chemistry, masters physics — the chases and fights are epic — and then stumbles into all these off-the-curriculum potholes. It’s morally indefensible — glibly dispatching hundreds of killers, cops and … Continue reading