Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2017
Here’s what I remember, sitting poolside at the Hotel Intercontinental in Toronto, trying to get through an interview with the breakout “new” star of the movie “The Station Agent” during the Toronto Film Festival some years back. And we kept … Continue reading
Kudos to Kyle Mooney, who used his “Saturday Night Live” fame to make a movie that’s nothing like your typical “Saturday Night Live” movie. “Brigsby Bear” may be slight and gimmicky, but it’s nothing like the goofball character contraptions that … Continue reading
“The Hitman’s Bodyguard” is a buddy action comedy that passes chemistry, masters physics — the chases and fights are epic — and then stumbles into all these off-the-curriculum potholes. It’s morally indefensible — glibly dispatching hundreds of killers, cops and … Continue reading