Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2017
Funny story, I had a small town relative asking me if I’d seen this Halle Berry movie, “Kidnap,” a month or so back. She’d watched it at home. Some neighbors out in the sticks have assorted streaming services that they … Continue reading
Playwright turned writer-director Neil LaBute works inside the Hollywood system, more often than not these days. He was show runner for the Netflix series “Van Helsing,” and many of his recent films have been studio pictures — “Lakeview Terrace,””The Wicker … Continue reading
Here’s just a hint of what happens when you turn a top-flight director, “Black Swan” maestro Darren Aronofsky — and two Oscar winners (Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem) loose on the horror genre. Can “Mother!” survive the inevitable build-up of expectations … Continue reading