Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 12, 2017
Movie Review: Korean history turns on the efforts of “A Taxi Driver”
“A Taxi Driver” is a Korean epic, a tipping point in the history of South Korea. A little old-fashioned and a touch melodramatic, it’s still a compelling Korean “Year of Living Dangerously.” South Korean cinemas’ Everyman, Kang-ho Song (“The Host,” “Thirst,” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Korean history turns on the efforts of “A Taxi Driver”
Box Office: The King is Dead — “Annabelle” topples “Dark Tower”
The Stephen King horror brand may be well established with a generation of filmmakers and especially Hollywood decision makers. But audiences? They’re living in the “Annabelle/Conjuring/Amityville/Insidious” universe. New Line’s inexpensive, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink is haunted (that’s the NEXT movie) “Annabelle: Creation” is … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: The King is Dead — “Annabelle” topples “Dark Tower”