Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The Future is bleak, the end is nigh in Swedish sci-fi "Aniara"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2017
Sean Baker did the hilarious, street-wise and super cheap (shot on cell phones) “Tangerine,” and now that he’s got fame and enough money to shoot a “proper” film — with a real movie star in his cast (as if anybody … Continue reading
Whatever America wants to think of itself, pushing that “melting pot” myth for generations, damned if most of us don’t go straight for the race card when we can’t think of a legitimate reason to dislike somebody. That was never … Continue reading
Steven Soderbergh makes his big screen “comeback” a caper comedy that characters within it dismiss as “Oceans 7-11.” He’s got his “Magic Mike” in the lead, with 2015’s hot ticket Adam Driver, an Elvis grand-daughter, a country singer, a James … Continue reading