Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2017
Sean Baker did the hilarious, street-wise and super cheap (shot on cell phones) “Tangerine,” and now that he’s got fame and enough money to shoot a “proper” film — with a real movie star in his cast (as if anybody … Continue reading
Whatever America wants to think of itself, pushing that “melting pot” myth for generations, damned if most of us don’t go straight for the race card when we can’t think of a legitimate reason to dislike somebody. That was never … Continue reading
Steven Soderbergh makes his big screen “comeback” a caper comedy that characters within it dismiss as “Oceans 7-11.” He’s got his “Magic Mike” in the lead, with 2015’s hot ticket Adam Driver, an Elvis grand-daughter, a country singer, a James … Continue reading