Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 25, 2017
Genre films are movie comfort food. You don’t watch them expecting huge surprises. But the good ones are satisfying in the ways they do so much of the work for you. There have been scads of “kidnapped kid/person protected by … Continue reading