Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2017
There are a lot of old standbys in New York “businessman” and “consultant” Norman Oppenheimer’s vocabulary. “How can I help you?” he’ll plead, when what he’s really worried about is how you’ll help him. He name-drops, shamelessly, with great exaggeration. … Continue reading
“No good deed goes unpunished,” the old joke goes. And that certainly crosses the mind of Dr. Tom Seymour during the course of his interactions with young Ian. Not when he’s pulling him out of the river where Tom (Josh … Continue reading