Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2017
“The sniper film” is an almost irresistible brand of thriller that straddles genres. Simple in construction, primal, it’s the ultimate “kill-or-be-killed” drama. Snipers promise the viewer that “first person shooter” video game rush of dealing death with little chance of … Continue reading