Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Movie Review: Fraternity life leads to frat boy torture in "Pledge"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 30, 2017
Finding something appropriate for international acting treasure Judi Dench, all but retired, with failing eyesight, cannot be easy. It’s got to be a role with stature and gravitas, a role worthy of her. No more “Best Exotic Marigold Hotels,” oh … Continue reading
Actress (“Arranged,” TV’s “New Girl”) turned actress-writer Zoe Lister-Jones becomes an actress-writer/director with “Band Aid,” a frothy romantic comedy about marriage and miscarriage. Yeah, it’s dark. It starts sarcastic, bends towards sardonic and ends up downright deep in its observations … Continue reading
When it comes to making a vampire movie that will stand out from the crowd, these days, the bar’s been set pretty high. Some of us–MOST of us — have seemingly seen it all. What’s new under the sun, which … Continue reading