Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 30, 2015
Ask actor Jonny Weston what he’s been up to while he’s been waiting for what could be his “big break” to hit theaters. Go ahead. “Twiddling my thumbs,” he says, laughing. “I’ve been waiting what, a year and a half … Continue reading
OK, maybe you missed his winning work in the surf bio-drama “Chasing Mavericks.” Or “Taken 3.” But you’re going to catch Jonny Weston’s winning turn as a sweet, smart kid who finishes up a time machine based on his late … Continue reading
“The Loft” is a stylish whodunit that struggles to stitch the label “Hitchcockian” right on the inner pocket, where it would be on a man’s sports coat. But a quick glance down at that label, underneath the pulsating violins, the … Continue reading