Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 30, 2015
Ask actor Jonny Weston what he’s been up to while he’s been waiting for what could be his “big break” to hit theaters. Go ahead. “Twiddling my thumbs,” he says, laughing. “I’ve been waiting what, a year and a half … Continue reading
OK, maybe you missed his winning work in the surf bio-drama “Chasing Mavericks.” Or “Taken 3.” But you’re going to catch Jonny Weston’s winning turn as a sweet, smart kid who finishes up a time machine based on his late … Continue reading
“The Loft” is a stylish whodunit that struggles to stitch the label “Hitchcockian” right on the inner pocket, where it would be on a man’s sports coat. But a quick glance down at that label, underneath the pulsating violins, the … Continue reading