Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review -- "Brahms: The Boy II" will lullaby you to sleep
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Behind the fan con scenes, "Surviving SuperCon"
- Movie Review: With "Onward," Pixar takes a step backward
- Movie Review: Run and hide "Sunday Girl"
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 27, 2015
“Fantastic Four” reboot trailer — “Star Trek”ish, younger, darker — very J.J. Abrams meets Chris Nolan
“Selma” wasn’t the only film about race to get short shrift from Oscar voters this past year. “Black or White” is a frank, touching and very well-acted melodrama about child custody and cultural perceptions of “blackness” and “the race card,” … Continue reading
We Jason Statham aficionados accept grace notes in his films where we find them. And there’s a gem tucked in the middle of “Wild Card,” his latest. The scene — a diner, where veteran Vegas bodyguard and luckless gambler Nick … Continue reading
Kevin Macdonald has done his Roman Army thriller (“The Eagle”), his sci-fi apocalypse (“How I Live Now”), his political journalism thriller (“State of Play”). But what the Oscar-winning documentarian (“One Day in September”) really had a hankering to try was … Continue reading
“Above and Beyond” is a moving and entertaining documentary about the young international volunteers who dashed to Israel in 1948 to create an Israeli Air Force. They were World War II vets from the U.S., South Africa, Britain and elsewhere. … Continue reading