Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Keira and Carrie play the reporters who name the "Boston Strangler"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 2, 2015
Movie attendance hits a 20 year low
Lots of sequels, too many comic book movies, studio movie slates aimed at a young, distracted, willing-to-stream-it-at-home audience, the lack of a must-see-in-theaters blockbuster or two, or three or four — all worked against movie going in theaters this past … Continue reading
Do the ACE “Eddie” Awards for editing alter the Oscar field?
One the of more established guilds, American Cinema Editors, have released their nominees for best edited films and TV series. And the 65th Eddies have a few surprise inclusions and omissions. Among the ten dramatic and musical/comedy nominees, you’ll see … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Do the ACE “Eddie” Awards for editing alter the Oscar field?
Movie Review — “Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death”
The first wide release of 2015 is a deathly dull affair, a pointless, passionless ghost story sequel that lacks the one big thing the original film’s star provided — empathy. There’s no Daniel Radcliffe in “Woman in Black 2: Angel … Continue reading