Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: "The Jesus Rolls," just not in a bowling alley
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- Movie Review: The things a director has to go through to get the "Greenlight"
- BOX OFFICE: Could "Invisible Man" make Moss "Bankable?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 14, 2015
Hugh Bonneville was more than happy to hang up his “monkey suit,” the tuxedos, uniforms and evening clothes he’s oft encased in on “Downton Abbey.” “Oh my heavens, yes!” But it took a movie, “Paddington,” with him co-starring with a … Continue reading
Bruce Willis has aged into a fit, bald menace, a character actor best-suited for chewy supporting parts in ensemble action pictures. If that makes him a has-been, so be it. Thomas Jane, on the other hand, is a never-was, or … Continue reading
The grief must have drained out of the families that lost loved ones at Bonford Coal Company’s mine disaster. Or else the locals, God fearing Southerners along the West Virginia/Kentucky coal belt, have grown numb to this sort of loss. … Continue reading
This awards season, we’ve been hearing a lot of the same names, a consistent “Oscar nominee to be” drumbeat for Richard Linklaker (“Boyhood”), Alejandro Innuritu ( “Birdman”) Wes Anderson (“The Grand Budapest Hotel”) and Morten Tylden (“The Imitation Game”). Among … Continue reading