Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 14, 2015
Hugh Bonneville was more than happy to hang up his “monkey suit,” the tuxedos, uniforms and evening clothes he’s oft encased in on “Downton Abbey.” “Oh my heavens, yes!” But it took a movie, “Paddington,” with him co-starring with a … Continue reading
Bruce Willis has aged into a fit, bald menace, a character actor best-suited for chewy supporting parts in ensemble action pictures. If that makes him a has-been, so be it. Thomas Jane, on the other hand, is a never-was, or … Continue reading
The grief must have drained out of the families that lost loved ones at Bonford Coal Company’s mine disaster. Or else the locals, God fearing Southerners along the West Virginia/Kentucky coal belt, have grown numb to this sort of loss. … Continue reading
This awards season, we’ve been hearing a lot of the same names, a consistent “Oscar nominee to be” drumbeat for Richard Linklaker (“Boyhood”), Alejandro Innuritu ( “Birdman”) Wes Anderson (“The Grand Budapest Hotel”) and Morten Tylden (“The Imitation Game”). Among … Continue reading