Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 14, 2015
Hugh Bonneville was more than happy to hang up his “monkey suit,” the tuxedos, uniforms and evening clothes he’s oft encased in on “Downton Abbey.” “Oh my heavens, yes!” But it took a movie, “Paddington,” with him co-starring with a … Continue reading
Bruce Willis has aged into a fit, bald menace, a character actor best-suited for chewy supporting parts in ensemble action pictures. If that makes him a has-been, so be it. Thomas Jane, on the other hand, is a never-was, or … Continue reading
The grief must have drained out of the families that lost loved ones at Bonford Coal Company’s mine disaster. Or else the locals, God fearing Southerners along the West Virginia/Kentucky coal belt, have grown numb to this sort of loss. … Continue reading
This awards season, we’ve been hearing a lot of the same names, a consistent “Oscar nominee to be” drumbeat for Richard Linklaker (“Boyhood”), Alejandro Innuritu ( “Birdman”) Wes Anderson (“The Grand Budapest Hotel”) and Morten Tylden (“The Imitation Game”). Among … Continue reading