Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2015
It’s common Hollywood practice to follow an Oscar win with a trip to big budget land, where the paychecks, the trailers and and the impact on the culture are potentially huge. So Sandra Bullock did “Gravity” right after “Blind Side,” … Continue reading
It’s easy to judge her. Diane Després is 40something, wears her skirts too short, her jeans too tight (and too bedazzled) and her blouses open a little too low. She’s a brassy gum-snapper, cheap and so self-absorbed it’s no surprise … Continue reading
We have forgotten how subtle Al Pacino could be, pre “Hoo Hah!” Something about his Oscar winning turn in “Scent of a Woman” unleashed the beast, a performer as big, broad and puffed up as that mountain of hair he’s … Continue reading
“Big Muddy” is a big ol’ muddle of a thriller, a lot of dangerous characters converging, from various parts of the Canadian prairie, on a femme fatale and her teenage son. It’s a modern day Western, a B-movie that … Continue reading
Take away the high-wattage stars, the staggering budget and the celebratory nature of the thievery, and “The Wolf of Wall Street” would look something like “Americons,” an indie parable about greed, high-living and wrongdoing that led to the real estate/home … Continue reading
Golden Globe winner Eddie Redmayne had to come up with a few more surprised and “incredibly honored” remarks when his Oscar nomination for “The Theory of Everything” was announced Thursday. He’s trying to keep his head about him, even as … Continue reading