Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: A "Big" styled body switch from Lail to Keaton -- "Mack & Rita"
- Movie Review: Gemma Arterton falls for the "Rogue Agent" -- or does she?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- Movie Review: Kids find Superhero Dad's "Secret Headquarters"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2015
It’s common Hollywood practice to follow an Oscar win with a trip to big budget land, where the paychecks, the trailers and and the impact on the culture are potentially huge. So Sandra Bullock did “Gravity” right after “Blind Side,” … Continue reading
It’s easy to judge her. Diane Després is 40something, wears her skirts too short, her jeans too tight (and too bedazzled) and her blouses open a little too low. She’s a brassy gum-snapper, cheap and so self-absorbed it’s no surprise … Continue reading
We have forgotten how subtle Al Pacino could be, pre “Hoo Hah!” Something about his Oscar winning turn in “Scent of a Woman” unleashed the beast, a performer as big, broad and puffed up as that mountain of hair he’s … Continue reading
“Big Muddy” is a big ol’ muddle of a thriller, a lot of dangerous characters converging, from various parts of the Canadian prairie, on a femme fatale and her teenage son. It’s a modern day Western, a B-movie that … Continue reading
Take away the high-wattage stars, the staggering budget and the celebratory nature of the thievery, and “The Wolf of Wall Street” would look something like “Americons,” an indie parable about greed, high-living and wrongdoing that led to the real estate/home … Continue reading
Golden Globe winner Eddie Redmayne had to come up with a few more surprised and “incredibly honored” remarks when his Oscar nomination for “The Theory of Everything” was announced Thursday. He’s trying to keep his head about him, even as … Continue reading