Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 5, 2015
He’s made a trilogy of films covering the long course of a college-age romance, love the second time around and a marriage that may or may not endure the later, bitter years. And then there’s “Boyhood,” in which Ethan Hawke … Continue reading
“The Better Angels” is an arty, poetic rendering of Abraham Lincoln’s youth of hardscrabble farming, near poverty and tragedy, the childhood, in essence, that made the man. It’s about the parents who raised him, the stern, hard-working father Tom (Jason … Continue reading