Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 6, 2015
Could be. It doesn’t have “Into the Woods” or “Selma” on it, but today’s PGA nominations certainly feel like the best pictures to me. There are our front-runners, “Boyhood” and “Birdman” and “Whiplash” are here. So is “Gone Girl” (“Selma” … Continue reading
Well, their hearts were in the right place. “Black November” is a preachy, theatrical “message” thriller about the circumstances that are turning Nigeria into a failed state. It’s a film of declarations and declamations, history lessons and oil geopolitics, a … Continue reading
Earnest and often inspiring, “Selma” is a handsomely mounted “Eyes on the Prize” account of the defining protests of the Civil Rights Movement. Handsomely mounted and high-minded, it’s only sins are overreaching ambition and a tendency to rub the roughest … Continue reading