Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review -- "Brahms: The Boy II" will lullaby you to sleep
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Behind the fan con scenes, "Surviving SuperCon"
- Movie Review: With "Onward," Pixar takes a step backward
- Movie Review: Run and hide "Sunday Girl"
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 21, 2015
Three downed Navy airmen stuck on a raft in the middle of the Pacific in World War II for weeks on end. It’s a familiar movie narrative, at least in part, because it happened more than once, even happened to … Continue reading
A comedy that barely flirts with funny and a grim weeper that never quite raises a tear, “Cake” has one thing going for it — Jennifer Aniston. And if she didn’t get the Oscar nomination that might have seemed certain … Continue reading
His hair is thinning and his features are thickening, and Jude Law is evolving into a more interesting actor as this happens. He’s more at home in tough guy roles such as “Dom Hemingway.” The gritty submarine thriller “Black Sea” … Continue reading
You’ve never seen Ewan McGregor quite like this — all sadistic, ruthless and what not. In “Son of a Gun,” he plays Brendan, an escaped convict who busts out of the joint, does a job and is double-crossed. And Brendan … Continue reading