Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 14, 2014
Kind of retro, comedy that flirts with stereotyping — but that’s kind of their point, this Key and Peele. Right? Pretty funny, in a broad “Amos’n Andy” sense.
Everybody expects “The Lego Movie” to do another blockbuster weekend this President’s Day.” Another $39 million, Box Office Mojo figures. Everything is STILL awesome. No way “Robocop” or “About Last Night…” top that, right? “Robocop” will be lucky to have … Continue reading
Your best bet for a date movie this Valentine’s Day, or this whole weekend — if you HAVEN’T seen “Her” — is the spirited if somewhat sexually muted remake of “About Last Night…” Not as romantic as the Rob Lowe/Demi … Continue reading